Enable Remote Desktop in Windows 2012Posted: January 10, 2014
Windows 2012 has remote desktop disabled by default. Enabling it is easy and only takes a minute.
- Press WindowKey + Q to bring up the global search field.
- You can also move your mouse to the upper right or lower right portion of the screen to bring up the Charms Bar and then select the Search icon.
- Enter CMD in the search field and press Enter
- In command prompt window, type SystemPropertiesRemote and hit Enter
- The System Properties window will be presented
- Select Allow remote connections to this computer , click Apply and OK
An entry will then be automatically added in the Windows Firewall for RDP
Verify your ability to RDP into this machine remotely. If you still can’t RDP into the machine, try disabling your Windows Firewall on the remote machine and see if that changes things. Troubleshoot accordingly if it doesn’t resolve your issue.